Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2.5 Years

Dallas will be 2.5 years old in a week or so! She has turned into such a fun-loving, emotional, energetic little girl! I love her to death, but she is quite the challenge most days. Her terrible twos seem to have made a reappearance as of late, after several months of improvement. She really is annoyed by her sister most of the time and we have to constantly remind her to be nice and not hit, to share and to not erupt into a scream every time her sister says something!


She is still not potty trained, but I am not worried. I am taking my time with it, as I have no desire to begin training and end up at a dead end of frustration due to her not being fully ready. She is not showing ANY signs of readiness so we will leave it at that. I plan on starting to train her closer to 3. For now, it's 2 in diapers still!

Dallas is finally beginning to talk more after taking away the pacifier a little over a month ago. I have a suspicion that is where the problems we have with her are coming from. She doesn't quite know how to calm or control herself without it. Hopefully that will improve over the next couple of months. She talks in sentences now, and is saying new things every day.

I have started preschool with her at home, as she needs and thrives under the structure of activities and the learning. I love that I am able to start her when she is ready and see her learn new things! It's truly a whole new world and helps me remember to involve her and teach her throughout the day, reinforcing what is being taught. Rob is able to have a hand in it as well, which he loves.


No comments: