Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Look what my coupons can do!

After a 4 month break, I am back into the couponing game! This past Sunday was a great week to start collecting coupons again, as 5 inserts were in the paper with many high value coupons. This is my first time couponing in our current town, so it's been a bit of a learning game finding out where the best stores are, where the best places to buy newspapers are and just sifting through a different couponing atmosphere.

On Sunday, I waited until after church to find my newspapers, and as a result, had to go to 5 different vendors before I was able to purchase all the ones I wanted (just 3!). I also had to buy 2 different newspapers (one local and two from a distant town) since all the coupons seemed to have mysteriously disappeared from the ones left. This is why I always check for the coupons before buying my newspapers - if you know how many are supposed to be in there, you won't get cut short.

Last week I shopped at CVS and Kroger. I got 4 Honest Teas and one Blink Tears from CVS.

4 Honest Teas @ 1.00 each
-Buy One Get One Coupon, 2x
= $0.50 each

Blink Tears @ 7.99
-$4/1 coupon
=$3.99
+7.99 ECBs earned

At Kroger, I picked up some cheap hummus as well as some toothbrushes and floss.

4 Athenos Hummus @ 1.00 each
-Buy One Get One Free coupon, 2x
=$0.50 each

6 Reach Toothbrushes @ $1.00
-$1.00/1 coupons, x6
=FREE

Reach Floss and Flosser @ $1.00 each
-$1.00/1 coupons, x2
=FREE
+another $1/1 Reach toothbrush coupon to use for later!

This week, I stopped at Walgreens and CVS to snag some of the toilet paper deals:

Walgreens:

Walgreens Diapers @ 5.99
-$2/1 coupon
=$3.99

Right Guard Body Wash @ 4.49, Buy One Get One Free
-Buy One Get One Free coupon, 2x
=FREE

Cottonelle Toilet Paper @ 5.00
-$0.50 coupon, 2x
-$1/1 Walgreens coupon, 2x
=$7.00
+$3 RRs earned! =$4.00

CVS:

Soft Scrub @ 1.99
-$1.50/1 coupon, 2x
=$0.49 each

Charmin Toilet Paper @5.99
-$1/1 coupon
=$4.99
+$1 ECBs earned = $3.99

Colgate Toothpaste @ 2.77
-no coupons - I forgot them!
=$2.77 each
+$2.77 ECBs earned each = FREE

And today, I stopped by Kroger for some more freebies!

Ivory Body Wash @ $1.00
-$1.00 coupon = FREE

Safeguard Soap @ $1.00
-$1.00 coupon = FREE

Crest Toothpaste @ $1.00
-$1.00 coupon = FREE

Reach Toothbrush @ $1.00
-$1.00 coupon - FREE

Brutt Deodorant @ $1.00
-$1.00 coupon = FREE

My total for all the trips pictured above was $24.21.
My total savings for everything was $108.44
Total Store Credit/Rewards Remaining: $9.54

I'd say I did pretty good! Sorry if this was a completely boring post, but I was just way too excited about saving so much money for our family again and building up our stockpile. Coupons really do make a difference!

No comments: