Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekly Coupon Savings

On Sunday, I went shopping at Kroger and Rite Aid to pick up some free items and good deals. Below is what I got for absolutely FREE at Kroger after coupons:

I used 3 $0.50/1 coupons for the Crest, 2 $0.50/1 coupons for the Ivory soap, as well as a Free Kroger Soup, Free Pantene, Free Digiorno for One, Free Quaker Chewy Bars and Free Butter coupon! I love trips like this!

Total Cost: $0.45 (tax)
Total Saved: $23.63

Next, I headed to Rite Aid, where I actually spent some money. I have not shopped at Rite Aid in MONTHS, so I had no UPs to use. However, we needed several of these items so I went ahead and got them:

Total cost after coupons: $17.57
UPs earned for next trip: $2
Total Saved: $27.25

That was actually more than I had planned on spending, but we were out of dishwasher detergent and I needed to get some. I can never seem to find spectacular deals on it, so I figured 50% off with a coupon was pretty decent. I also needed Ziplock baggies and deodorant. The ziplock baggies admittedly are a splurge, but I have recently started reusing and washing them when possible, so they go much further than one use. This will probably be enough for at least 2-3 more months hopefully.

Have you gotten any good deals recently? What is your favorite drugstore or grocery to shop at?

No comments: