I've begun the following routines:
- Morning - Get up, make bed, brush teeth/wash face, get dressed, start breakfast
- Afternoon - Clear out hot spots, Empty dishwasher (if not done in the AM), one load of laundry
- Evening - Clear out hot spots, load and run dishwasher, shine sink
These simple steps have become habit for me, and I love how easy it is to keep my home tidy and take care of myself and Peanut in the process. I don't have to think about what I need to do anymore- I'm on autopilot! In addition to the daily routine, I've been working on creating a weekly routine as well.
- Monday - Change sheets. Do Extra Laundry.
- Tuesday - Errand Day - Grocery Shopping, Buying Club, Post Office, Bank
- Wednesday - Vacuum Carpet (This is actually done 2x a week now though)
- Thursday - Mop Kitchen, Clean Bathrooms (still working on this!)
- Friday - Any Special Tasks
As you can see, I am still working on making this weekly routine autopilot like my daily routine. For some reason, changing the sheets and doing laundry on Monday has always worked well for me, and I actually have that one down pat. Tuesday has been grocery day for as long as I can remember - it works out really well since the Buying Club where we buy our staples such as milk, meat and eggs is open on Tuesdays. Wednesday through Friday need work! I need to think of a better way to structure those days so they don't get put off so much.
So that's it! Those are my daily and weekly routines I try to follow - making my life and Peanut's life much easier by eliminating that overwhelming feeling of having so much to do and not knowing where to start!
Do you have routines in your household? What do you need to work on?