Friday, January 28, 2011

How I Menu Plan with a Baby

Ever since Peanut was born, I have struggled with finding a way to keep healthy meals on our table without going crazy planning and shopping for them. I used to be able to take my time planning out exactly what we would eat, complete with a shopping list reflective of store sale fliers and coupon deals. I used to save a lot of money using coupons and sales! However, Peanut makes this process much more difficult, and as such, I've had to entirely rethink how I do things.

A trip to the grocery store without a list is probably the biggest budget buster one can make. I know our bank accounts have been reflective of these impulse buys the past 6 months! I really needed to figure out a way to get back on track, without losing my sanity in the meantime.


Enter, E-Mealz. I had heard about e-mealz over a year ago, but I didn't think it was worth it for our family at that time. But now that we have an energetic baby in the family, that has definitely changed! E-Mealz is an affordable menu-planning service that not only plans out a week's worth of meals for your family, but they also provide a shopping list for your grocery store for those items. E-Mealz bases their menus off circular and sale prices, with the total grocery cost ranging from $35 to $90 a week depending on the meal plan you choose to go with (They have Aldi plans that start at $35 and Gluten Free plans that average $90). You get all this for only $5 a month - that's only $1.25 a week! They have plans for 2 people as well as the standard family plan which feeds 4-6 people.


If you're worried about liking the meals, rest assured, I have tested over 2 weeks worth of meals and can attest that they are delicious and easy to make! I have been impressed with this service so much. It has been well worth the money and then some! If you're struggling with planning meals out for your family, staying on budget in the grocery store or just spending too much time doing your own planning, then I encourage you to give e-mealz a try! My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

No comments: