Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year Craziness

It's been a busy month for the Campbell Castle. Not only have we been traveling across the country to visit family, but we're also in the process of yet another move. This time, we're moving back to my hometown in Ohio to be near family. It will likely be our final move for the next 5-10 years. We're very much looking forward to settling down once and for all!

At the moment, we are in the middle of house-hunting. Needless to say that has taken up much of our free-time! Although this will be our first house, the process has actually gone much smoother than we anticipated, partly because we had already house-hunted before in the past. However, it does take a lot of time and can get stressful- I'm thankful I have a wonderful sister who works in real estate to help answer all the myriad of questions!

In anticipation of the big move, I have been decluttering our apartment like crazy. This is not your normal decluttering either - 6 large trash bags made their way to the goodwill donation drop off just last week and more have piled up near our front door waiting for their turn. I am going room by room and finally pitching many items I have been hanging on to for far too long. Nothing is exempt from my intense scrutinizing! Not even the cats! (Ok, well, at least not their toys...) It feels so much better already. I don't want to move needless boxes/weight/stuff/clutter into our new home. My plan is to eliminate future clutter buildup by being on the offense and embracing a more minimalist lifestyle. So far so good!

No comments: